Monday, March 23, 2009

Shaving Saga - My first Double Edge Razor

I got to try this new way to shave, so I searched about this kind of razor in several stores.

Unfortunately I wasn't something easy to find... Is much more easier to get a (in)famous Mach 3 /Fusin than this kind of simple tool...

But I just could find it in a local store. Its's not so elegant as I imagine... Somehow I always imagine something heavy with more adjustable options. Instead I got this "Wilkinson Sword Classic Double Edge Razor" for 4.50 Euros with 5 blades.






And it includes a set of 10 "Wilkinson Sword" blades



A lot cheaper than I expected to spent!

The First Shave

I already had the brush and the shaving cream, so I start to make the lather.
I inserted the blade into the razor and turned the knob completely.

Then I start shaving.
I wasn't unconfortable... and after the first shave (within the grain), I started a second shave, now perpendicular to the grain, After this I didn't felt confidence to shave agains't the grain... After all, I think already made a huge step just for doing this far!

Conclusions

I didn't get the shave I expected.... Is far from a close shave, but I just couldn't get the blade on my face anymore, because I should rest my skin for another day ....

I noticed I could get a closer shave just by not closing the blade completely, and leaving the blade exposed.

No comments: